The Sixth Street Bridge

The Sixth Street Bridge
At the tender age of 17, I walked across this bridge, alone, into Downtown Pittsburgh, with $300 in my pocket that my mother had given me to get an abortion. I went into the Fulton Building (in the picture) and did what I was told to do. I didn't have a choice - if I did, I wouldn't have chosen abortion.

Friday, March 22, 2013

Will the Light Return

Turning over every rock
Shedding light on every crack
Peeling back the seeped through dressing
So He can heal and put it back

Just when I think there’s nothing else
When there’s no recess unexplored
The other he comes searching
Because he knows there’s so, so much more

What will be left of me when this examination is through
Or won’t it ever end
The pain of steely instruments
That forever tear apart and never mend

Just when I’ve touched some joy
Another imagined crisis to get through
Imagined or real, I never can tell
Does it even matter if life feels more like hell

All of these blessings that cover me
These little souls who claim need of me
Will I ever feel worthy enough
To become what He planned for me

How I ache for Your love, and his, and theirs
How I long for wholeness and frivolous cares
Will my light ever return to remain undimmed
Or is my reality to remain stuck in this sin

Please Lord I beg you or pray you
Or However it’s done
Let me feel you beside me
On every step 'till You will it be done

1 comment:

  1. Your healing is in my prayers :-). I truly recommend reading the lives of the saints, they can be so inspiring :-).

    God bless you in all of your holy pursuits :-).

    ReplyDelete